Banana Coconut Cake (V & GF)
This Banana Coconut Cake is so moist and fluffy. It literally melts in your mouth.
This recipe is both vegan and gluten free but it can also be made with non vegan ingredients such as free range eggs and butter. Regular organic flour can replace the gluten free flour as well.
Please tag me on Tik Tok and Instagram when you make this recipe. I can't wait to see your tasty creations! @thefarmerfoodie
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Bake Time: 40 Minutes
Total Time: 55 Minutes (+ cooling time 1 hour)
4 Bananas (mashed)
1/2 c. Vegan butter (melted: heat for 30 seconds in the microwave)
1 tsp. Vegan butter (to grease an 8x8 baking dish)
1/4 c. Light brown sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla
2 tbsp. Bobs Red Mill Egg Replacer (+4 tbsp. water)
1 c. All purpose gluten free flour
1/2 c. Almond flour
1 tsp. Baking soda
1 tsp. Baking powder
1/4 tsp. Salt
1 c. Shredded coconut (unsweetened)
1/2 c. Vegan white chocolate chips (I like Enjoy Life)
1 Serving of Vegan Coconut Vanilla Frosting
1 tbsp. Shredded coconut (unsweetened) (frosting topping)
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Use a reusable napkin or towel to grease an 8x8 baking dish with 1 tsp. of vegan butter.
2) In a small bowl use a fork to mix together 2 tbsp. of Bobs Red Mill Egg Replacer and 4 tbsp. of water. Let the mixture sit for 2 minutes.
3) Mash 4 bananas in a large bowl (you can use a potato masher or a large fork). Melt 1/2 c. of vegan butter for 30 seconds in the microwave. Add the melted vegan butter, 1/4 c. light brown sugar, 1 tsp. vanilla and the egg replace to the large bowl with the mashed bananas. Mix the ingredients together well with a whisk.
4) Next, add all of the dry ingredients to the same bowl: 1 c. of gluten free flour, 1/2 c. of almond flour, 1 tsp. of baking soda, 1 tsp. of baking powder, and 1/4 tsp. of salt. Use a whisk to mix the ingredients together well.
5) Stir in 1 c. of shredded coconut and then stir in 1/2 c. of white chocolate chips.
6) Transfer the Banana Coconut Cake to the greased 8x8 baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
Note: I poke a thin metal skewer into the cake after 40 minutes to test that it is fully cooked through. You know that it is cooked through when there is no residue on the skewer.
7) While the cake is baking make the Vegan Coconut Vanilla Frosting.
8) After 40 minutes take the cake out of the oven and let it cool for 1 hour. After it has cooled use a knife to help scoop the cake out of the dish by running it down each side of the dish gently. Frost the cake and top the cake off with 1 tbsp. of shredded coconut. Cut the cake into 9 pieces and enjoy!
Serving Size: 9