Blueberry Poppyseed Cupcakes
These Blueberry Poppy Seed Cupcakes are DELISH! The frosting is purple from slow cooked blueberries, water, and powdered sugar. These cupcakes are vegan, fluffy, and moist.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Bake Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Total Time: 1 Hour
2 tbsp. Bob's Red Mill Egg Replacer (+ 4 tbsp. Water)
1 Banana (mashed)
1/2 c. Vegan butter (melted in the microwave for 30 seconds)
1/2 Lemon (juiced)
1/2 tsp. Vanilla
1/4 c. Plant milk
2 c. All-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Baking soda
1 tsp. Baking powder
1/2 c. Sugar
2 tsp. Poppy seeds
2 c. Fresh blueberries
1/2 c. Fresh blueberries
1/4 c. Water
3 c. Powdered sugar
3 tbsp. Tapioca flour
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line (or grease) a cupcake pan with 12 slots.
2) In a small bowl measure out 2 tbsp. of Bob's Red Mill Egg Replacer. Use a fork to stir in 4 tbsp. of water. Let the mixture sit for 2 minutes.
3) Mash 1 banana in a large bowl. Then, add 1/2 c. melted vegan butter, 1/2 lemon (juiced), 1/2 tsp. vanilla, 1/4 c. plant milk, and the egg replacer. Stir the ingredients together.
4) Add 2 c. flour, 1/2 tsp. salt, 1 tsp. baking soda, 1 tsp. baking powder, 1/2 c. sugar, 2 tsp. poppy seeds to the large bowl with all of the wet ingredients. Stir the ingredients together. Then stir in 2 c. of fresh blueberries.
5) Transfer the batter equally to each of the cupcake tin slots.
6) Bake the cupcakes for 30 minutes.
7) Follow the directions below to make the frosting while the cupcakes bake.
1) Combine 1/2 c. of blueberries and 1/4 c. of water in a small sauce pan on the stove top. Heat the ingredients (stirring occasionally) for 10 minutes. Use a potato masher to mash the blueberries during this process. After 10 minutes turn the heat off.
2) Stir in 3 tbsp. of tapioca flour and 3 c. of powdered sugar.
3) Let the frosting cool and firm up for 10 minutes.
4) Once the cupcakes are frosting have cooled you can frost the cupcakes and serve them.
Serving Size: 12