Tomato Rosemary Focaccia
This recipe is delicious. The focaccia is so fluffy and moist. The cherry tomatoes and seasonings add so much flavor to the bread.
Prep Time: 2 hours
Bake Time: 25 Minutes
Total Time: 2 Hours & 25 Minutes
4 c. All purpose flour (+ extra for kneading & rolling)
1 tbsp. Yeast
1 tbsp. Olive oil (+ extra for greasing the baking dish ~1/2 tsp.)
2 tsp. Maple syrup
2 tsp. Salt
1 1/4 c. Warm water
1 tbsp. Olive oil
1/2 c. Cherry tomatoes (thinly sliced)
1 tsp. Dried rosemary
1 tsp. Salt
1/4 tsp. Dried oregano
1/4 tsp. Dried red pepper flakes (optional)
1/4 tsp. Dried garlic (optional)
1) Prepare a clean surface for this recipe.
2) Combine 4 c. of flour, 1 tbsp. of yeast, 2 tsp. of maple syrup, 2 tsp. of salt, 1 1/4 c. warm water, and 1 tbsp. of olive oil in a big mixing bowl. Use your hands to mix the ingredients together and begin the kneading process.
3) Transfer the dough to the clean surface and knead the dough for 8 minutes (you may need to add a little extra flour during this process). Place the dough back in the bowl and cover it with a dish towel. Let the dough rise in a warm spot for 1 hour. The dough should double or even triple in size.
4) Sprinkle flour on the clean surface and transfer the dough to the surface. Use a rolling pin to roll the dough into a 8x13 rectangle.
5) Grease an 8x13 baking dish with 1/2 tsp. of olive oil and a reusable napkin.
6) Place the dough into the baking dish and drizzle on 1 tbsp. of olive oil. Then, cover the dough with a dish towel. Let the dough rise for 1 hour in a warm spot.
7) While the dough is rising prepare the toppings. Slice 1/2 c. of fresh cherry tomatoes into thin circular pieces. Mix together 1 tsp. of dried rosemary, 1 tsp. of salt, 1/4 tsp. of dried oregano, 1/4 tsp. of dried red pepper flakes, and 1/4 tsp. of dried garlic (optional) in a small bowl. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees about 30 minutes before the dough has finished rising.
8) When the dough is ready add the sliced cherry tomatoes and the herb mixture to the top of the focaccia.
9) Bake at 400 for 25 minutes. Enjoy warm!
Serving Size: ~12 pieces