Tomato Toast with Everything Cheeze Zero-Waste Basil Pesto
Total Time: 20 Minutes
1 Small loaf of sour dough bread (~ 10 slices)
1 c. Fresh cherry tomatoes (whole)
1 tbsp. Olive oil
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/4 tsp. Ground black pepper
1 c. Everything Cheeze Zero-Waste Basil Pesto
1) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2) Add the rinsed cherry tomatoes (whole) to a small baking sheet. Drizzle on 1 tbsp. of olive oil, 1/2 tsp. of salt, and 1/4 tsp. of ground black pepper.
3) Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the tomatoes are lightly releasing juice and shriveling.
4) Make the Everything Cheeze Zero-Waste Basil Pesto. Please note: this tomato toast recipe only requires 1 c. of basil pesto. There will be leftover pesto for another recipe if you make the Everything Cheeze Zero-Waste Basil Pesto recipe as it is laid out (you can also cut the recipe in half).
5) Cut 10 slices of sour dough bread. Lay them on another baking sheet and toast the bread for 5 minutes along side the tomatoes at 400 degrees.
6) Add ~1 tbsp. of Everything Cheeze Zero-Waste Basil Pesto to each slice of toast. Top the toast with the juicy roasted cherry tomatoes and use a fork to smash them onto the bread, releasing their delicious juices.
7) Enjoy warm with friends or family!
Serving Size: 10