Cauliflower Pizza Crust (Vegan & Gluten Free)
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 40 Minutes
Total Time: 1 Hour
6 c. Fresh cauliflower florets
Water (for boiling)
3 tbsp. Whole chia seeds
1 c. All-purpose gluten free flour (extra for rolling)
3 tbsp. Nutritional yeast (or Everything Cheeze)
1 tbsp. Italian seasoning mix (I use a pizza herb mix)
1 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Garlic powder
1 tsp. Onion powder
1) Wash a head of cauliflower and cut it into florets. Measure out six cups of florets. Place the cauliflower florets in the food processor and pulse for 1-2 minutes or until the cauliflower turns into a rice (I usually do this in two increments to ensure the cauliflower gets fully pulsed).
2) Boil a large pot of water. Place the cauliflower in a colander (with very small holes and a handle). Place the colander in the boiling water and cook the cauliflower for 5 minutes. Remove the cauliflower from the water and let it strain and cool over the sink.
3) Either press the water out of the cauliflower while it is in the colander by using a thick spoon or spatula or use a nut milk bag, tea towel, or cheese cloth to squeeze the liquid out of the cauliflower (you can place the cauliflower on a towel or paper towel and add more paper towels as needed and press the cauliflower with heavy books).
4) Next, place the cauliflower in a large bowl. Add 3 Tbsp. Whole chia seeds, 1 c. All-purpose gluten free flour, 3 Tbsp. Nutritional yeast (or Everything Cheeze), 1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning (I use a pizza herb mix), 1 tsp. Salt, 1 tsp. Garlic powder, and1 tsp. Onion powder. Mix the dough together well with a wooden spoon or spatula. Form the dough into a big ball.
5) Cut a piece of compostable parchment paper and lay it on a clean counter surface. Sprinkle 1/2 tbsp. of gluten free flour on the surface and transfer the dough ball to the paper. Sprinkle additional flour on top of the ball and use your hands to press the dough down and shape it into a thin circular pizza crust. The crust can be 1/2 inch thick.
6) Bake the dough (alone) at 450 degrees for 20 minutes.
7) Next, remove the dough from the oven and add your toppings. Bake for another 20 minutes and enjoy!
Serving Size: 1 large pizza crust