Vegan Apple Pie
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Bake Time: 40 Minutes
Total Time: 55 Minutes
1 1/2 c. flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1 sticks vegan butter (chopped into cubes)
1/4 c. ice water
4 Apples (peeled & diced)
1/3 c. Sugar
2 tbsp. Vegan butter
3 tbsp. Water
1 tsp. Cinnamon powder
2 tbsp. Arrowroot powder
1/2 c. Hazelnut flour
1 tbsp. Maple syrup
1) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2) In a food processor, combine the flour, salt, butter, and ice water. Pulse the mixture for a couple of minutes until the dough sticks together in a ball. Remove the dough from the food processor and roll it into ball. Set the dough in the fridge for 1 hour.
3) Grab a rolling pin and additional flour and begin rolling the dough out. Use your hands to shape the dough as you roll it out. Lay the dough in a pie pan and use a fork to make a few holes at the base of the crust.
1) In a medium size bowl combine: 4 Apples (peeled & diced), 1/3 c. Sugar, 2 tbsp. Vegan butter, 3 tbsp. Water, 1 tsp. Cinnamon powder, and 2 tbsp. Arrowroot powder. Mix all of the ingredients together and transfer the filling to the pie pan.
2) Bake at 400 for 20 minutes.
1) While the pie is baking make the topping.
2) Combine 1/2 c. Hazelnut flour and 1 tbsp. Maple syrup in a small bowl and whisk with a fork.
3) After the pie baked at 400 for 20 minutes take it out of the oven and add the topping.
4) Bake for another 20 minutes.
Enjoy warm and with vegan ice cream!
Serving Size: 8-10