Everything Ricotta Stuffed Eggplant Rollatini (Vegan, Gluten Free, Soy Free)
It doesn't get much better than this! YUMMY
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 50 Minutes
Total Time: 1 Hour
2 Medium eggplants
4 tbsp. Olive oil
1 Jar tomato basil sauce (option to make The Farmer Foodie Tomato Basil Sauce)
1/2 c. Cherry tomatoes (sliced)
1/4 c. Fresh basil (sliced)
4 tbsp. Everything Cheeze (Cashew Parmesan Alternative)
1 Batch Everything Ricotta
1) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2) Slice the tops and bottoms of the 2 eggplants off and compost them. Begin slicing the eggplant the long way from top to bottom. Each slice should be no larger than a centimeter. The end slices with a lot of the skin could be composted. (The end slices have a lot of skin and are typically not used in this dish, however they could be used. Using them decreased food waste. It depends on your preference, typically they are not used but they taste great).
3) Lay each piece down on a baking sheet. Take a basting brush and coat each side of each piece with 4 tbsp. of olive oil. Bake for 15 minutes.
4) While the eggplant is baking make the Everything Ricotta Cheeze (simply hydrate 1 (7 oz) bag of Everything Cheeze with 1/3 c. of boiling water and blend for 30 seconds in the food processor).
5) Coat the bottom of a lasagna dish with 1 c. of tomato basil sauce.
6) Place a piece of the cooked (and cooled) eggplant in your hand and fill it with 1/2 tbsp. of vegan ricotta. Roll the eggplant up and place it in the lasagna dish. Continue this process until you have used all of the eggplant and Everything Ricotta. Pour the rest of the marinara on top of the eggplant rollatini.
7) Sprinkle 4 tbsp. of Everything Cheeze on top of the dish. Bake for 10-15 minutes.
8) Take the rollatini out of the oven and top it off with 1/2 c. of freshly sliced cherry tomatoes and 1/4 c. of freshly sliced basil.
Enjoy with friends and family!
Serving Size: 8+