Vegan Spinach and Artichoke Football Pizza
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Bake Time: 25 Minutes
Total Time: 55 Minutes
1 Vegan pizza dough (thawed if frozen)
You will need additional flour to roll out the dough.
1 tbsp. Olive Oil
1 Small yellow onion (finely diced)
4 Garlic cloves (peeled & finely diced)
4 c. (or 1 5oz container) of fresh spinach
1/2 c. Marinated artichokes (finely chopped)
1 (8 oz container) of Kite Hill vegan cream cheese
1 (7oz package) Follow Your Heart vegan mozzarella shreds
1/4 c. Everything Cheeze vegan Parm (+ more for topping)
Option to spray olive oil on the baking sheet and on top of the pizza before baking.
1) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2) In a medium sauté pan add 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
3) Finely chop the yellow onion and garlic and add it to the sauté pan. Cook on a medium heat for 2-4 minutes (or until the onion and garlic become lightly golden in color).
4) Add 2 c. (or 1/2 5oz container) of fresh spinach. Mix in the spinach until it is wilted (~2 minutes). Then, add 2 c. (or 1/2 5oz container) of fresh spinach and mix it in until it is wilted.
5) Next, stir in 1/2 c. marinated artichokes (finely chopped). Cook for 3 minutes and remove the mixture from the stove.
6) In a medium size bowl, combine 1 (8 oz container) of Kite Hill vegan cream cheese, 1 (7oz package) Follow Your Heart vegan mozzarella shreds, and 1/4 c. Everything Cheeze vegan Parm. Stir the cheese together evenly and then mix in the cooked spinach and artichoke mixture.
7) Divide the pizza dough into two equal parts.
8) Sprinkle a clean surface with flour (I used cauliflower flour, which worked well).
9) Roll one of the two doughs out into a rectangle. Keep the shape of a football in mind while you are rolling out the dough. Transfer the dough to a lightly greased baking sheet. Use a spatula to spread the cheesy spinach and artichoke mixture on top of the first dough.
10) Roll the second dough into a similar sized rectangle. Keep the shape of a football in mind while you are rolling out the dough. Place the dough on top of the base, which is coated in the cheesy mixture.
11) Take a sharp knife and cut ~15 slices on either side of the dough, leaving 3-4 inches untouched in the middle. Each slice should be ~0.5-1 inches. Once you have made all of the slices, use your hands and twist each piece. This is when you can shape the dough into a football.
12) Option to spray some olive oil on top of the dough before baking and sprinkle on additional Everything Cheeze.
13) Bake for 25 minutes. Enjoy warm!
Serving Size: 6-8